Tuesday 7 August 2012

Kintaro Ramen

This is hands down the best restaurant for ramen! I have been having a ramen craving for the longest time, so I nagged my boyfriend to go with me :P

I have been reluctant to try other ramen restaurants because I believe nothing can beat Kintaro! The restaurant is very very small (probably fit 30-35 people max), so there is always a long line up! There used to be a Kintaro in Richmond across from Richmond Public Market...why did it close down :( I am kind of glad it did actually, otherwise I will have ramen everyday!

Outside Kintaro - line up
Inside Kintaro - open kitchen
Menu 
Shio Ramen (fat pork with rich soup base)With onions, bean sprouts, eggs, and bamboo shoots

The soup base comes in rich, medium and light. The pork is available in fat or lean. My favourite combination  of all time is Shio ramen with fat pork and rich soup base. Words cannot describe how good it tastes. I believe the soup is made from broiling pork bones. I always pick rich soup base because it has so much more flavour compared to medium or light bases. 


Rating:     
All in all, Kintaro never disappoints me. If you are in the downtown area and craving for ramen, go to Kintaro!! The wait is definitely worth it! You will know what I mean :D

Location: 788 Denman Street  Vancouver, BC V6G 2L5
Kintaro Ramen 金太郞 on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. Hi ,

    Your first posts just appeared on Urbanspoon! Check it out:
    http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/14/181002/restaurant/Robson-Street-West-End/Kintaro-Ramen-Vancouver

    I encourage you to claim your blog, which allows you to add a picture and change some settings. The blog photo shows up next to your posts wherever they appear on Urbanspoon. Here's how to claim:

    - Make sure you're logged into Urbanspoon

    - Go to your blog page on our site: http://www.urbanspoon.com/br/14/10362/Vancouver/Foodies-Addiction.html

    - Click "Claim your blog" in the left sidebar

    After you submit it, we may contact you to verify your claim. Check your spam email folder if your claim hasn't gone through in a day or two. You'll also find some interesting badges and widgets on your Urbanspoon blog page - look in the right sidebar.

    If you have any questions, please contact me via email.

    Thanks,
    Greg

    www.urbanspoon.com

    --
    greg(at)urbanspoon(dot)com

    ReplyDelete